Digital changes in University Library's future
October 6, 2015
University Library Dean David Lewis delivered the 2015 State of the Library Address on Sept. 14. About 50 people attended the event, held in the Lilly Auditorium. Lewis's address included a strategic plan for University Library that reflected a redefined role for the library given our digital age.
The address included an assessment of the library’s progress toward a strategic model with five components:
- Completion of the migration from print to electronic collections;
- Retirement of legacy print collections;
- Redevelopment of library space;
- Repositioning of library and information tools, resources and expertise; and
- Migration of the focus of collections from purchasing materials to curating content.
(Infograph data is taken from the 2015 State of the Library Address)