Campus Commute saves time and money
September 1, 2015
The Campus Commute shuttle system has been in operation for less than a year, but it continues to offer faculty, employees, administrators and students value for their work-related travel between the IUPUI and Bloomington campuses.
IUPUI Office of Sustainability Director Jessica Davis is one of those who advocate for the bus system, and she identifies five key benefits available by using Campus Commute:
- It saves you money. Campus Commute costs as little as $7 for a one-way ticket.
- You can work while you ride. Campus Commute’s free onboard Wi-Fi allows you to catch up on email, prepare for a meeting or refine that big proposal for presentation.
- You can take a quick nap. Campus Commute gives you nearly an hour to relax on the ride between the IUPUI and Bloomington campuses.
- It is convenient. You can get on or off the shuttle at two places in Indianapolis, the Campus Center or the Indiana Statehouse, or two in Bloomington, Memorial Stadium and the IU Memorial Union. The Campus Commute bus can also be tracked via the Double Map website or app.
- Shuttle schedules run regularly on weekdays, going to and from the campuses four times each day.
“Campus Commute not only saves you time and money, it lessens the environmental impact of travel by decreasing gas usage and carbon emissions,” Davis said. It also helps reduce parking and traffic concerns on the campus being visited.
At IUPUI, get your tickets at the Jagtag office in the Campus Center or buy them online, print out the form and take it to your chosen boarding site. When buying online, be sure you avoid confusion with other similarly named campus bus systems by visiting the Campus Commute website.