Nominations open for Chancellor's Academic Honors Convocation awards
September 13, 2016
Each academic year presents a new opportunity to recognize, thank and celebrate members of the IUPUI community for their excellence. The Chancellor's Academic Honors Convocation recognizes outstanding achievements of IUPUI faculty, staff and students across all areas of IUPUI’s mission: teaching and learning; research, scholarship and creative activity; civic and community engagement; and diversity, collaboration and best practices.
Nominations are welcome and will be accepted until 5 p.m. on October 14 for awards listed below:
- Chancellor's Professor Award
- Bantz-Petronio Translating Research Into Practice Faculty Award
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Chancellor's Faculty Award for Excellence in Civic Engagement
- Chancellor's Community Award for Excellence in Civic Engagement
- Chancellor's Diversity Scholar
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Multicultural Teaching
- Alvin S. Bynum Award for Excellence in Mentoring
- Glenn W. Irwin, Jr., M.D., Research Scholar Award
Academic units will be notified at a later time regarding nominations for student and faculty awards such as the Chancellor's Scholars Award, the Sherry Queener Graduate Student Excellence Award, the Chancellor's Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research and the Trustees’ Teaching Award.
Additional details, including guidelines, lists of previous recipients and links for online nomination, are available on the Academic Affairs website. The Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor encourages you to take time to review the award guidelines, consider the excellent work of your colleagues and help recognize excellence at IUPUI through campus awards.
The awards will be presented at the Chancellor's Academic Honors Convocation on Friday, April 21, from 3 to 5 p.m. in the Hine Hall Auditorium.